- Depression – the Largest Killer by 2020 – WHO report
- 58% of youngsters in Mumbai had considered suicide. TOI survey: : http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/mumbai/58-of-youngsters-in-Mumbai-have-thought-of-suicide-Survey/articleshow/51850266.cms
- 38% of the youngsters indulge in Self-harm in various forms. http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/Self-harm-causing-most-youth-deaths-in-India/articleshow/52197036.cms
- One Minute Madness leading to 25 years of Jail and Repentance
- The new generation is so fraught with pressures, hyper expectations, family discord, experimentations, stress and anxieties that parenting becomes even more confusing, challenging and stressful. : Dr Zirak Marker – Reputed psychiatrist
- Every family – be it in any strata – seem to experience some degree of disquiet in terms of Marital Harmony, familial relationships, work-home balance and self-esteem.
- Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, our Ex-President had predicted and duly endorsed by the RBI, that India will be a Super Power by 2020. However, the citizens who will carry this forward and make this a reality seem to lack the skill.
- “Unhealthy Minds” – evident in Community – refer news and media
- Exponential increase in Violence and Crime and Erosion of Values among Peers.
- Education is no guarantee for Healthy Mind. Crime, Suicide and Disorganised Thought rampant among educated class.
- “Inner Poverty in the Midst of Outer Abundance” is indeed a curse on Society.
What can Prasanna Trust do ?
“ HEALTHY MINDS “ is the PREVENTIVE ACTION to insulate the youth. Prasanna Trust is the premier NGO in addressing students above 8th standard to create the impact. In the last two years, the Trust has addressed over 78,000 students in over 174 institutions all over India with their highly impactful program. “ Healthy Mind” is a synergic group counseling program that installs a high sense of self- esteem and leaves a window open for all creative possibilities. Excellent feedback has been received from the students, teachers and Principal on the impact of the program. We seek the support of Well-meaning Citizens of this country to make it a possibility to reach the maximum number of youth.
What does Prasanna Trust need ?
The requirement of the program is an LCD projector with sound cord, laptop and a cordless collar mike to address 200 students at one time in an appropriately undisturbed auditorium. Facilitator / Seminar Leaders of Swami Sukhabodhananda from Prasanna Trust are available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Telugu, Kannada, Tamil and Gujarati. The contribution cost per 200 students / institution will be Rs.10,000/- within the regions of Metro cities like Mumbai, Bengaluru, Delhi, Lucknow, Hyderabad, Baroda, Chennai. Patrons interested to have the program taken in their favorite school / college may provide the name of the institution with address and contact person with number.
Support “Healthy Minds” to reach the maximum number of students,
Contribute and give back to the society a healing touch.
Click on this link to support Healthy Minds for Youth Program for schools and colleges.